2017 KMF "karwendel star" competition
The Karwendel Music Festival is proud to host the inaugural 2017"Karwendel Star" Competition on August 21, 2017. The Competition selects outstanding KMF young artists to be featured as soloists with the KMF Chamber Orchestra at the Young Artist Concert Series, and provides them the opportunity to perform at the world-renowned Carnegie Hall (Weill Recital Hall) in New York City.
For the 2017 Competition, a distinguished panel of jury will evaluate applicants in three categories:
- Violin – Bach Concerto for 2 Violins in D minor, BWV 1043,
- Cello – Haydn Cello Concerto in D, Hob.VIIb:2 (movement 1 - Allegro moderato)
- Violin (2 soli), Viola(principle) & Cello (solo) – Geminiani: Concerto Grosso, op. 5, No. 12, La Follia
Please click here for the link to the parts for Geminiani's "La Follia".
Winners and Recitals
In the three categories, our judges will select:
- Two violinists for Bach's Double Concerto
- One cellist for Haydn's Cello Concerto (mvt 1)
- Two violinists, one violist and one cellist for Geminiani's La Follia
- *Two Honorable Mention winners from each category
* All winners will receive Diplomas from the Karwendel Music Festival. In addition, Honorable Mention winners will also be considered for the invitations to KMF's Young Artists @ Carnegie Hall concert in Spring, 2018.*
The 2017 Karwendel Music Festival's "Karwendel Star" Competition would be adjudicated by a panel of judges including:
- Leonid Gorokhov
- Liyuan Liu
- Natasha Likhopoi
- Sven Stucke
- Viktor Tretjakov
- Xi Wang
*Selected participants for Carnegie Hall are responsible to cover the travel expenses.